Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Taylor Swift fans blast singer’s statement on Vienna shows as ‘passive-…see more

Published

on

Taylor Swift fans blast singer’s statement on Vienna shows as ‘passive-aggressive and totally tone-deaf’

Taylor Swift fans have blasted the singer for her “lack of empathy” after she addressed the Vienna show cancellations and the foiled terror plot.

Taylor Swift fans have blasted the singer for her “lack of empathy” after she addressed the Vienna show cancellations and the foiled terror plot. In a statement posted to Instagram earlier this week, Swift did not directly address the 200,000 stranded fans who had bought the tickets, and were out thousands of dollars..

Walking onstage in London was a rollercoaster of emotions. Having our Vienna shows cancelled was devastating. The reason for the cancellations filled me with a new sense of fear, and a tremendous amount of guilt because so many people had planned on coming to those shows. But I was also so grateful to the authorities because thanks to them, we were grieving concerts and not lives. I was heartened by the love and unity I saw in the fans who banded together. I decided that all of my energy had to go toward helping to protect the nearly half a million people I had coming to see the shows in London,” Swift wrote in part.

My team and I worked hand in hand with stadium staff and British authorities every day in pursuit of that goal, and I want to thank them for everything they did for us. Let me be very clear: I am not going to speak about something publicly if I think doing so might provoke those who would want to harm the fans who come to my shows,” she added.

She is not the big-hearted fan-loving performer she pretends to be’
Erica Vuitton of Kips Bay, who paid $1,200 for the hotel and $4,500 for the flight, said Swift’s statement is “absolutely ridiculous and completely lacks empathy.” “She is not the big-hearted fan-loving performer she pretends to be. It’s sad that the rose-tinted Taylor glasses were ripped off,” Vuitton added, according to New York Post.

Swift’s Instagram statement was posted two weeks after the incident. Explaining her silence, she wrote in the post, “Let me be very clear: I am not going to speak about something publicly if I think doing so might provoke those who would want to harm the fans who come to my shows.”

Jessica Smith, 33, of Colorado, said the words Swift used in her post were upsetting. “The phrase, ‘Let me be clear,’ felt like an attack for us,” said Smith. She had paid $4,500 for her trip to Vienna with her husband, Luke.

“We, the fans, were also scared for our safety and went through a lot of emotions and just wanted some sign that she cared. Instead, we got silenced and then basically reprimanded in the statement for wanting closure. It just felt like a rushed statement to shut us up,” Smith added.

Although the Vienna shows, which were scheduled to be held on August 8, 9 and 10, were cancelled, the singer still continued to perform in her planned shows in London. Vuitton, 55, said this did not make sense amid the terror threat.

“She pops up a week later at Wembley, known for riots by overzealous Londoners, with Ed Sheeran and clearly no fear in the world,” Vuitton said. “Not what you would expect from someone whose entire persona is about being mama bear to her Swifties.”

Smith said that it was disappointing that Swift’s statement appeared to focus more on the shows in London than on Vienna.“Vienna got three sentences and the rest was about how perfect London was,” she said.

Noam D. of Israel, who spent about $1,800 on her trip to Vienna, echoed Smith’s thoughts. “I’m pretty disappointed in her statement considering it took her a tremendous amount of time and it got overshadowed by her paragraph about London,” she said. “I think she should’ve made the statement in a separate story or post.”

Erika McDonnell from Prince George, Canada thought the star’s post “demonstrated a lack of connection to her fanbase.” “Her statement felt so unlike her compassionate and empathetic statements of the past,” said McDonnell, 28, who spent $2,500 on airfare and accommodation for her Vienna trip. “It honestly felt dismissive, passive-aggressive and totally tone-deaf.”

‘I’m glad she’s giving herself grace’
Some fans, however, think that Swift’s silence was justified. Heather Argrave of Prairieville, LA, who went to the Eras Tour in Amsterdam last month, said, “I do agree with her waiting because as someone who traveled to a part of the world I knew very little about, if a threat would have appeared like in Vienna, and she commented on it immediately I would have been worried about going to the concert after this threat due to the fact that immediately commenting would have antagonized these terrorists.”

C.C. Moreno of Gulf Shores, AL, also appreciated Swift for the way she handled the situation. “I’m glad she’s giving herself grace,” said Moreno, 32. “I think she needed time to emotionally process that her and her fan base were the target of such hate.”

Vuitton, Smith and McDonnell said that they have now stopped listening to Swuft’s songs. “I feel like I lost a hobby and a community, which has been really sad,” Smith said.

“I hope to be able to listen to her again someday because her songs are amazing and used to heal me, now they just hurt me,” said Vuitton. “I think she’s lost a lot of fans over it, me included.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BREAKING NEWS: Elon Musk Officially Banned from All Future Kansas City Chiefs Games After Shocking Announcement – Here’s What Happened!👇
CELEBRITY6 hours ago

BREAKING NEWS: Elon Musk Officially Banned from All Future Kansas City Chiefs Games After Shocking Announcement – Here’s 👇What Happened!👇

Simone Biles…’We are 2 weeks today’ “How do you rate us; are we doing good?”…SEE 10 MORE PHOTOS 👇👇
CELEBRITY2 days ago

Simone Biles…’We are 2 weeks today’ “How do you rate us; are we doing good?”…SEE 10 MORE PHOTOS 👇👇

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BREAKING: NFL Legend Jason Kelce and Kylie Kelce Welcome Their Fourth Baby Girl, Revealing baby in a cute family Photo, Adding Another Little Teammate to Their Growing Family of Daughters With Jason Stating “Feeling Blessed Beyond Words, Our Hearts Are Fuller Than Ever, see 10 Adorable baby photos and See full article 👇👇 l

Will Travis Kelce propose to Taylor Swift at Super Bowl with $12 million ring? NFL star dodges questions as rumours grow
CELEBRITY2 days ago

Will Travis Kelce propose to Taylor Swift at Super Bowl with $12 million ring? NFL star dodges questions as rumours grow

Breaking news: Patrick Mahomes terminates his 7-year marriage to Brittany upon learning he is not the biological father of their children.
NFL2 days ago

Breaking news: Patrick Mahomes terminates his 7-year marriage to Brittany upon learning he is not the biological father of their children.

David Beckham’s 17-year-old daughter Harper is said to be pregnant – But more shocking than the baby’s real father is…
CELEBRITY3 days ago

David Beckham’s 17-year-old daughter Harper is said to be pregnant – But more shocking than the baby’s real father is…

Breaking News: Meghan Markle Publishes a Photo of Her Daughter Lilibet and Everyone Notices the Same Thing
CELEBRITY3 days ago

Breaking News: Meghan Markle Publishes a Photo of Her Daughter Lilibet and Everyone Notices the Same Thing

Travis Kelce has decided to reinforce the status quo by saying it will be an “honor” to have Donald Trump watch him play in the..... Full Details Below ⬇️👇.
CELEBRITY3 days ago

Travis Kelce has decided to reinforce the status quo by saying it will be an “honor” to have Donald Trump watch him play in the….. Full Details Below ⬇️👇.

Breaking News:Taylor swift angrily say so many people want my relationship with Travis Kelce to be trashed and broken. If you are a fan of mine and you want my relationship to continue and stand strong, let me hear you say a big YES!”… Full story below
CELEBRITY3 days ago

Breaking News:Taylor swift angrily say so many people want my relationship with Travis Kelce to be trashed and broken. If you are a fan of mine and you want my relationship to continue and stand strong, let me hear you say a big YES!”… Full story below

Karoline Leavitt BANS CNN’s Kaitlan Collins from Press Brief after STUPID Question full story below 👇👇👇
CELEBRITY3 days ago

Karoline Leavitt BANS CNN’s Kaitlan Collins from Press Brief after STUPID Question full story below 👇👇👇

Historic Taylor Swift Announcement Turns Heads. About... Full Details Below 👇⬇️
CELEBRITY3 days ago

Historic Taylor Swift Announcement Turns Heads. About… Full Details Below 👇⬇️

CELEBRITY6 days ago

Cristiano Ronaldo’s 15-year-old son unexpectedly found his biological mother after a five-year search. Cristiano Ronaldo revealed a shocking secret…

Copyright © 2024 UKgets